National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF)
Across India, many learners are studying for qualifications by taking part in education and training/skills programmes. Through these programmes, they develop the knowledge, skills and competence they need for jobs and future careers.
Quality lies at the heart of effective education and training / skills programmes. Learners, employers and the public need to be assured that the training and qualifications provided through education and training / skills programmes of a high quality, regardless of where they are delivered and assessed. The National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF) aims to improve the quality of all education and training/skills programmes in India.
The NQAF provides the benchmarks or quality criteria which the different organisations involved in education and training must meet in order to be accredited to provide education and training/skills activities. This is applicable to all organizations offering NSQF-compliant qualifications
The NQAF Manuals provide guidance for different groups of organisations, describing what each needs to do to meet the quality criteria.
There are 8 Manuals in total:
- Manual 1: Overview Manual
- Manual 2: Registration of NSQF Qualifications
- Manual 3: Accreditation of Training/Education Institutions
- Manual 4: Accreditation of Assessment Bodies and QA in assessment
- Manual 5: NQAF Auditor’s Manual
- Manual 6 :NQAF Risk Assessment Manual
- Manual 7: Quality Assurance of Industry Led Bodies(Sector Skill Councils)
- Manual 8: Quality Assurance for National and State-level Bodies