National Skill Development Agency (NSDA)
National Skill Development Agency(NSDA) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship that anchors the National Skill Qualifications Framework and allied quality assurance mechanisms for synergizing skill initiatives in the country.
The NSDA will discharge the following functions:
- Take all possible steps to meet skilling targets as envisaged in the 12th Five Year Plan and beyond;
- Coordinate and harmonize the approach to skill development among various Central Ministries/Departments, State Governments, the NSDC and the private sector;
- Anchor and operationalize the NSQF to ensure that quality and standards meet sector specific requirements;
- Be the nodal agency for State Skill Development Missions;
- Raise extra-budgetary resources for skill development from various sources such as international agencies, including multi-lateral agencies, and the private sector;
- Evaluate existing skill development schemes with a view to assessing their efficacy and suggest corrective action to make them more effective;
- Create and maintain a national data base related to skill development including development of a dynamic Labour Market Information System (LMIS);
- Take affirmative action for advocacy;
- Ensure that the skilling needs of the disadvantaged and the marginalized groups like SCs, STs, OBCs, minorities, women and differently abled persons are taken care of;
- Discharge any other function as may be assigned to it by the Government of India.