National Skills Research Division (NSRD)
The National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015 announced the establishment of a National Skill Research Division. The division has been set up within NSDA at the national level to serve as a think tank for inputs on research related to skill development and evolve as a credible research organization in skill development at the national level. Its mission is to serve as an authentic, qualitative and accessible think tank for research related to skill development in India.
The main objectives of the division are:
- To serve as a think tank for inputs on research related to skill development;
- To evolve as a core research organization in area of skill development;
- To provide evidence based policy advisory/ inputs to guide government in the process of policy formulation and implementation;
- To bring together policy makers, social partners, researchers and practitioners to share their ideas on ways to improve vocational education and training policies;
- To fill the knowledge gap by identifying trends and challenges for vocational education and training;
- To develop and facilitate innovative approach and make research findings more accessible to the stakeholders;
- To establish research collaborations between universities and institutes in India and abroad in the field of skill development and adopt international best practices in India.